I’m sorry that the mobile version
of the case study is not available.
Please visit the page
by using a desktop or laptop.
Thank you for your understanding.
Have a good day.
Test and Analysis
We had planned to move forward with responsive design method when determining the project schedule with my project stakeholder. However, we decided to separately design the critical screens, like home page, product detail page and product list page by taking advantage of usage habits of the mobile devices, considering increasing mobile usage in the UK and the mobile platforms which provide users with many different experiences.
* In the UK, internet usage rates by smartphones were 61% in 2013 and 73% in 2017. Google Consumer Barometer Study 2017 – http://bit.ly/2B9vDAd
for Garden Machinery
for Gas Products
PRODUCT LIST PAGE
PRODUCT DETAIL PAGE
The critical function and actions like website main navigation, filtering and
listing products, as well as the designs of the critical screens, were all redesigned to provide users with a better experience, considering the usage habits of
PRODUCT LIST PAGE
Fırat Kodaz, who is a full-stack developer, has been my stakeholder in the project. I have worked with him on many projects before. Fırat has worked under my supervision on developing the front-end, integrating them into Ecwid and developing additional services of the project. Since we had to work remotely, we used Trello to keep track of the workflow and Slack to communicate during the project.
The project took longer than we planned. One of the main reasons for this was that Ecwid Rest API could not exactly meet
the specific needs of the project and the additional functions that emerged upon the company’s requests. Throughout the whole process, we tried to find solutions to the problems by contacting with Ecwid Development Team. We made extra effort to solve the problems that couldn’t be solved by Ecwid, by changing the interface design or doing some additional developments. I strived to adapt to the project the solutions that I and Mr Fırat produced to the technical issues that were encountered, by considering the user experience.
We designed and developed a separate dashboard to manage the features, like a blog, slider etc, that were not included in the API service and integrated it into Ecwid. We wanted to add an extra value to the work by optimizing the website for the search engines after completing all the developing and integration process of the project.
Test and Analysis
I felt the deficiency of the user data and tests throughout the project. I tried to fill these deficiencies by using the user experience methods like ‘Expert Analysis’ and ‘Heuristic Analysis’*.
After publishing the website, I monitored the user behaviours and metrics for specific goals, like checkout flow, product search,
on analytic services, like Yandex Metrica and Google Analytics, to create insights and to construct some hypothesis on them.
I tried to collect feedback on the website content and purchasing process by in-site surveys which were prepared on Hotjar.
I shared my suggestions with the company to improve the contents of the website according to the survey results.
Now, in the second phase of the project, we work on the development of the additional pages and features requested by
the company. I also continue to construct hypotheses, focusing on the improvement of the existing experience, and to share these with the company.
* 10 Usability Heuristics for User Interface Design by Jakob Nielsen – http://bit.ly/2nQbZ9u